Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Some kind of Shit

Man, today I learned to do something I ain't all that thrilled about.

See these horses I'm working with are called Saddlebreds. They trot real fancy, holding their tails up while they do it.

I found out today how they get them to keep those tails up.

See, they've got this stuff that's a ginger salve. You dig a gob of it out of the jar, spit on it, then shove it up their ass. Yup. Up their ass.

I've had my fingers up a dude's ass, but this is a whole new ballgame.

Guess I don't really mind doing it, but damn it's something I'd never have imagined doing to a horse.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Mick -- just catching up with you. I'm a big horse person -- working at barn remains my fave job to date. Tons of great exercise and being around the horses was excellent "therapy" for me.

The "gingering" you mention is pretty awful. I've indeed heard of Saddlebred folks doing this, tho I admit I don't know a whole lot about it. As for the horse cocks, yup -- the ol' sheath cleaning job. NOT EASY as some of those boys try to KICK when you clean up -- to say nothing of how gross that smeg is that comes out. :)

Glad to hear you're doing well.
Look foward to reading more about your horse experiences!

Razor Mick said...

Hey Kim, yeah, I'm lovin the job. I don't mind getting dirty, and the horses all seem to take to me.

Never thought it was going to be quite like this though. You know we tie their tongues down before we put the bridle on?

I mean, who'd a thought?

Kim said...

Tie thier tongues down?
I've never heard of that ... ever.
I'll have to Google that one.